B.E./B.Tech. DEGREE EXAMlNATION, NOVEMBER / DECEMER 2015.
GE 6253 — ENGINEERING MECHANICS
(Common to all branches except Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer and Communication Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Medical
Electronics and Information Technology)
Time : Three hours Maximum: 100 marks
Answer ALL questions.
PART A—(lOx 2=20marks)
1. State Polygon law of forces.
2. State the equations of equilibrium of a coplanar system of forces.
3. Give the different types of support in beams.
4. Define principle of transmissibility.
5. State the theorems of Pappus and Guldinus to find out the surface area and volume of a body.
6. Write the expression for centroid of hemisphere and circular lamina.
7. What is the frictional force generated when a body of mass 10kg resting on a horizontal plane subjected to a horizontal force p in earth gravitational field, if the coefficient of friction is 0.25.
8. A body of weight 150N rest on a horizontal plane. If a horizontal force of 50N can just move it, then what will be the value of coefficient of friction.
9. A small ball is dropped from a height of 19.62 m. At what velocity the ball will strike the ground.
10. Define instantaneous centre of rotation.
Download entire set of questions at :
Also find previous question papers at :
Also post the questions at our site if you are in doubt about concepts .
All the best !